Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Magnovox video cassett recorder/DVD player. Model

Customer Question

I have a Magnovox video cassett recorder/DVD player. Model DV220MV9A. It has a March 2011 date.
My remote is gone. I purchased a new TV and cannot seem to make the recorder work.
Lights are on tapes and discs run, but I can't seem to find the way to get the recorder to
play on the new TV.
Is there a way to do this in the absence of the remote. I do have my owners manual and it suggests that connections are made with or through the remote.
Dan Costello ***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ; If you are talking about the dv/vcr`s remote then it does not matter , you should not need it to connect to the tv just as long as you can still operate the unit manually .This has to be done at the tv now and depending on the type of cables/connection you are using.Can you give me the model number of that tv ?