Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Sony Kdl52v5100 will not power up

Customer Question

My Sony Kdl52v5100 will not power up
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, s the TV completely / electrically dead? Or is there at least a blinking light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie, thank you for the reply. the TV does not click and no lights light up when power button pushed. The TV was fine before hit by power surge. lightning actually struck a tree 50' from house in yard. the only physical connections to the TV at the time of surge were AC power, HDMI from play station, and HDMI from CATV box. CATV box will now not turn on and AC house breaker feeding outlet was tripped. Need to isolate if it is the power board, main board, or inverters. I was a bench tech for years - although many years ago :-) - and I do have the service manual. what voltages should i have on CN6501 to CN6600? where do you recommend I start?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information. Proposed foremost check would be for the presence and consistency of the standby voltage STBY3.3V on pin 3 of connector CN6150 of the G5/Power Supply board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will check this morning.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the post back and an update later or when able. Cheers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie, thank you. I am not finding a connector "CN6150 of the G5/Power Supply board"??
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Please click HERE. Does the power supply board looks like the product shown ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, like this..
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the information. Please check for the presence and consistency of ST-BY 3.3V at the CN6202 connector