Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

LCD TV will not power up

Customer Question

LCD TV will not power up
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is there any power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing.
In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.
Please let me know if you can do work or need more info/help
If you are not comfortable with the work you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post thank you, ***** ***** question will remain open
Regards
Anthony
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a multi meter, how difficult is it to replace the power board?
Its very easy to replace the power-board (assuming its faulty after a few checks with a meter)
You need to get the back off the set initially have the meter set to 300volts ac or higher, then where the power-cord goes into the power-board just go right across the power input to read off the 120vac on the meter do you get that let me know.
There is no rush take your time I will reply back when you let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How easy is it to find a replacement power board, are its connections soldered or snap fit?
Its just a plug in board held to the chassis by screws so its un-plugged and unscrewed from the chassis and that's it however it is important to just verify that it is bad, if you don't wish to do that but just go right ahead and replace it you will need to get the part-number from the board itself it will be on a sticky label or etched on the board and with that number go to www.shopjimmy.com or google the part-number for suppliers
Let me know if you need more help
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
OK your welcome
Please remember to rate the answer positively this is the ONLY way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site thank you
Please note the question will remain open should you need more help thanks again
Anthony
Do you need any more help with this please?
Anthony
Hello
I am interested to know how this is working out please?did you get the board OK?did you manage to fit the board?what is the result of doing the work please?
Let me know thank you
Anthony