Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Vizio VF550M when you plug it in the yellow Vizio light comes on when you push th

Customer Question

I have a Vizio VF550M when you plug it in the yellow Vizio light comes on when you push the power button it turns white but the screen is black.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

The back cover off may be aplus here if we need board numbers but first ;

Was there a power blackout or storm prior to this in your area ?

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not turn on today ?

Do you still have sound ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I honestly found this by the trash can and grabbed it so I have no idea. But it was in too good of shape and 3 times bigger than the one I currently have so thought I would try to see what was wrong. I don't have any sound I have the cable plugged in but don't know what input it is currently on to see if is on the correct one for cable

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then thats no problem .

Right now you are saying that it does respond to the power on/off command by the yellow/amber vizio logo turning white , is that correct ?

You can turn it off/on at will even though it does not come on ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is correct

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then this is a main board problem and it is fairly common with this serie of vizio tv`s .

Look at the link/picture below and you will see that i pointed to a bar coded sticker on the main board ;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/la63rbe3nywsne7/2015-06-11_0846.png?dl=0

Is the number on yours the same 3655-0062-0150 or perhaps 3655-0022-0150 ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

3655-0022-0150 (2C)

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thanks , be right back
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for waiting.

Right now it looks like everyone is out of stock on this item and that could be why it was thrown away but i did find a board on ebay ;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vizio-3655-0022-0150-0171-2272-2962-Main-Board-For-Vf550M-/161730180780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a7deb6ac

You can also use either of those numbers if you`d like to do your own shopping , this one 3655-0022-0150 or this one 0171-2272-2962

There is a repair kit out there as well but you need surface mount solder /desolder equipment to install it or have a shop do it for you at perhaps around $100 charge ?

here is that kit;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-Main-Board-Repair-Kit-for-0171-2272-2962-3655-0022-0150-/131030338265

Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.