Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Plasma series 5+ TV, When recording timer record

Customer Question

I have a Plasma series 5+ TV,
When recording timer record a message tells me recording has finished when in fact recording hasn't even started
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Issues like this are usually related to glitched firmware there is a firmware upgrade for this set here
http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/PS51E550D1MXXY
You must follow the upgrade guide carefully don't skip anything
Let me know if you need more info/help
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get a specific answer to my problem, at this stage $39 not well spent on my behalf
I am sorry you are thinking that way but if you look above you will see the answer I have provided, just to overview and add some more information the set will require the firmware upgrading bad firmware can cause all sorts of issues in TVs and just about anything electronic because from cell phones to even your car, its an essential piece of data if it goes wrong the manuf will release a new version which is in that web address above, I appreciate you may not understand what I am saying if you don't please just say
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All you have done is send me the Samsung User Manual which I have anyway, my issue has not being addressed,
Please respond
NO its not just the manual you need to go down the page to the firmware upgrade so drop the page a bit and you will see FIRMWARE and underneath that the upgrade file and the guide is to the right of that.
If you can't do the upgrade yourself you have two choices ask someone who is computer literate to do it OR ask samsung to send you the usb flash but they may charge for that.
Jist to clarify what you are loking at is at the samsung site
Anthony
Hello
I am very interested to know how this is working out please?did you find the firmware and the upgrade instructions?did you manage to do that task of upgrading the firmware?
Let me know thank you
Anthony