Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

From your advice this weekend

Customer Question

We put new power supply board from shopjimmy the part numbers match but now we have no power at all, is there something we have to do beside plug and screws? We put old board back on and get power And sound but no picture
I sent message this weekend about my vizio led smarttv and I was told to buy new power supply board I did I replaced it and now nothing
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV and the board/part number of the new & old power supply board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vizio E330i-A0 it has power and sound but no picture I help flashlight close to screen and you could see movement so I was told to go to shop jimmy for power supply board plug and screw - I old part 0500-0505-2041. New part 0500-0505-2041. We put new part in and no power at all. So now what? We put old board back and we have power and sound no picture
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.

If the old PSU board works (even partially) but the new board does not; then the new board would be highly suspect.

Have you checked continuity of the new board's fuse and thenrmistor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have checked continuity and the fuse is good and the thermistor is good . Checked with fluke meter so now what?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Are you considering voltage tests on the new power supply board (just to confirm fault)?Or would you simply return for replacement?If considering further checks: • what is the ACV on the 2 middle pins of BD100;• what is the DCV on the 2 outer pins of BD100;• what is the DCV on capacitor C120;• what is the DCV of the pins of connectore CN202.Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.A friendly reminder: voltage measurements by its very nature requires that the unit be plugged in and therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.