Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

After lightning struck near my house, my LG 4"LC7D-UB doesn'

Customer Question

After lightning struck near my house, my LG 4"LC7D-UB doesn't power on , I changed both main board and power supply boards and just get a fuzzy screen and sound then it shuts off
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The main question about this sort of case is: Was the TV plugged into a surge protector, or other means of power protection and filtering, when the lightning strike occurred?
If not, it may not be economical to repair it. If a surge of higher-than-rated voltage got into it, the damage could well be quite extensive.
More than the main/logic board and the power supply was damaged, evidently enough - unless you did not get the part #s or revision levels quite right or something like that. Given how much power and voltage there is in lightning, it is more likely that some, or quite a lot, of the rest is damaged too.
To properly diagnose the case, I think a Service Manual and its guidance would be the right thing to have for the case - if you decide to continue attempting to repair it.
A good reliable source for the service manual would be either
http://www.servicemanuals.net/ServiceManual/LG/42LC7DUB/522741/detail.aspx
or
http://www.servicemanuals.net/ServiceManual/LG/42LC7DUB/734428/detail.aspx
Note that the difference between these two is that one is a download, the other is a paper hard-copy of the manual.