Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sony SXRD KDS-R60XBR2 TV projection screen Picture is well

Customer Question

Sony SXRD KDS-R60XBR2 TV projection screen
Picture is well focused etc, it's just got a green hue that I can't resolve with the available adjustments.
It has a brand new projection bulb.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is the green hue appear all over the picture?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I am communicating for my father, who isn't presently with me, so please be patient as I collect answers for him.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No problem, please take your time, question is open for your next reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is around 6 years old. The hue is consistent throughout the picture.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, is the green hue problem occurred after new lamp installation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, before. he changed the lamp thinking that it would take care of the issue. There was no change.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem began around 4 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks for the info.
Actually the green hue problem occurred due to failure of filters and/or green LCD screen inside optical block (also known as light engine) in this model, there are few other Sony models that had similar issues and all were optical block failure related, please check following link to view very informative blog about this issue..
https://sites.google.com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/#TOC-Optical-block-problems---Sony-discount-settlement-program
I'm afraid, entire optical block (aka light engine) will be replaced in TV to resolve the problem but it would cost good money like $600 plus if required optical block still available with any supplier so in my opinion, you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this old TV.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will pass information to my father. I appreciate your help. Will there be some kind of record of our communication and/or reference to this case emailed to me?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can access any time to this question thread by logging on to JustAnswer.com then click My Question link on page OR copy and paste the entire page on MS Word or save this page link to open it at any time.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks a lot!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.