Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Samsung Model # ***** The screen shows a simulated

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Model # ***** The screen shows a simulated crack, but there it's no crack in the screen.
I purchased it in 2012, from either Best Buy or BrandsMart, in Georgia, am I still covered under the warranty?
I now live in Arlington, TX, where should I take it to be repaired?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Do you mean that from inside it looks somewhat like a broken window pane ?
Like a star with color branches shooting out ?
About the warranty , if you did not buy an extended warranty then I`m afraid the 1 year manufacturer`s warranty is long gone now .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Yes
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then this looks like the internal LCD panel is broken .Ironically the protective first layer of the screen rarely gets a scratch but when it will stretch enough to allow the breaking of the actual panel .The first layer is there just as protection but obviously has its limit.This means a panel replacement to fix this and I can tell you that as a rule of thumb , the panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel .Long story short , it could end up costing more than a new tv and that is if you could find that panel.When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here and PLEASE do not slap me with a negative rating for just telling you what is the problem , none of my doing .You were asking about repair shops in your area , I will give you a link with a list of nesda members repair shops for Arlington and you are welcome to ask their opinion but if I were you I would take the tv to them otherwise it may end up costing some $125 just to hear what I just told you .Here is that link , just click on it;http://www.tvrepairpros.com/searchResults.php?state=&zip=76010&radius=50Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today ,like some sort of reset but this is not the case i`m afraid .Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.