Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

We have a Panasonic viera lcd TV model Tx32Lx60a and it

Customer Question

Hi we have a Panasonic viera lcd TV model Tx32Lx60a and it is showing horizontal and vertical lines of various colours all covering the entire screen. It goes over the menu as well. It hasn't been dropped or damaged. Do you know what the problem is?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Does this happen on all inputs/sources? Are you ever able to get a normal picture, or are the lines always completely obscuring the picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea it occurs on all inputs and is there all the time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey did you get my response?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No I did not get it earlier, it just came through now with your last note. I'm very sorry about that.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, likely a bad main/control board, though there are many possible failure points including a bad lcd panel (which can't be fixed) and much less likely a bad tcon (typically would be vertical lines only). This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2008 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed. If the panel is bad that cannot be fixed, and a new panel would cost more for the part alone than for a new tv.If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.For a tv of this age and size though, replacement will typically make more sense. You can get a brand new and updated LED tv with a fresh warranty of this size in the $200 range. Sorry, I don't know the NZ/AU$ conversion rate (these are $US), but the price ranges are relative and replacement will still cost about 2/3 of repair cost.Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the bad news,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,