Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Samsung widescreen LP t (1080HDTV) purchased in December

Customer Question

I have a Samsung widescreen LP t (1080HDTV) purchased in December 2007.
Lately the screen has developed small white dots, which have over a month or so
gotten more numerous.
Can you tell me what the white dots mean and if there is anything I can do short of
replacing the whole set?
Thanks,
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.
The white dots are a failed DLP Chip. The Chip costs $200, labor to install it is $250. If you have some experience with hand tools and want to buy the Chip and install it into the tv then REPLY back here and I will be happy to help. Considering the time and money you would have spent on a repair shop you should realize that the advice I've given you is well worth it. You can now make an informed decision on what to do about your tv issue.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.
I'm sorry there is no easy fix but please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.
Thank you,