Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My samsung 32 inch lcd/led television lasted just 13 months.

Customer Question

My samsung 32 inch lcd/led television lasted just 13 months. have been told it is now out of warranty, so must pay to have it repaired if possible. is this reasonable or should i expect it to last longer?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Offhand, an initial answer to your question is that this problem is VERY common with newer flat screen TV's and not exclusive to Samsung. It is not unreasonable to expect this TV to last much longer than 13 months however, but we see this issue FAR too often with sets from Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Sony, etc.

It is due to these sets all being manufactured for pennies on the pound/dollar to drive costs down for the manufacturers.

I may be able to help you repair this TV yourself, but I need to ask for more info.

1) Can you get me the mode number off of the back of the TV?

2) Are there any signs of life currently on the set (power light lit, or blinking, clicking sounds, etc.)?

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for reply.

model code of tv UE32F6200AKXXU

S/N ZAS43SJF200605A

VERSION 01 MADE IN SLOVAKIA

NO SIGNS OF LIFE AT ALL. NO LIGHTS NO SOUNDS. NOTHING AT ALL POWERLINE PLUG FUSE CHECKED, OK ETC

SICERELY MIKE.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, This is a failure within the power supply board of the TV which requires thre board be repaired or replaced. In most cases, shops simply replace the board at an average cost of close to $200. However if you're a DIY type and are comfortable removing the back of the TV, then you can replace this yourself. If you pull off the back cover (by removing all of the screws on the rear of the TV), the power board is the one that connects to the AC mains jack on the back of the TV. If you pull that number off the board, and Google or search pulled/new TV parts suppliers, then you can find this component and replace it yourself. On average this saves about half of the total repair cost if you do the work yourself. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.