Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Vizio TV E552VL bought in November 2011. No picture since last

Customer Question

Vizio TV E552VL bought in November 2011. No picture since last month. Talked to Vizio representative - referred to ITI repair in our area (Penn Run, PA 15765). ITI sent repair person out. Replaced main board but didn't have inverter boards or power board - no picture. Was to get other boards but management for ITI later stated the TV was not repairable. Should I replace the other 3 boards before throwing away a $1200 TV? If so - where do I purchase the boards. Thank you, ***** ***** Campbell(###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is there any sound?
Is the power-light lit as though the set is in the ON mode?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anthony,
There is no sound. When looking in the back fins there is no light. The "vizio" emblem on the bottom turns white (yellow when off) when we turn the TV on . There is a click when we turn on the TV, which is normal when we turn it on.
***** *****
Does the remote control still turn the set on and off?
Connect up an input like a dvd player and keep pressing the INPUT button slowly do you get the sound through then?
Its the sound that's causing doubt about diagnosis
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no sound or picture - black screen - with the cable or dvd player.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can hear the switch clicking on and off with the remote. Also the Vizio sign at the middle bot***** *****ges from yellow (off) to white (on).
Can you see any visible light at all on the display please?even a dull glow in a darkened room?
Because of the no sound no pic symptom and maybe a black or low glow display checks with a meter on the power-board is needed to make sure all the supply voltages are up can you use a meter?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is black even in the dark. I can use a volt meter but would not know where to check or what the volts/amps should be.
Rob
OK you need to get the back off the set and let me know if there is a stamping with the voltages for the powerboard outputs on the board itself just trace the powercord to powerboards
You will see this next to the output plug(s) to the main-board (one with AV connectors on
Anthony