Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a samsung hl4667wax/aa unplugged while plug

Customer Question

i have a samsung hl4667wax/aa unplugged for a while plug it in enter power button lamp light flashs picture comes on for aproximately 10 seconds and screen goes black. lamp appears to stay lit in the back untill it is powered off. Has a new bulb, a good known ballast and a good known power supply
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome
Thank You for the Question
My name is Anthony
Just a little info so you understand clearly how this works.
I am an independent verified technician
Your question will be given the best possible advice on the understanding that you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be of stars or smileys with the answer (not an info request), this is the only way I am allowed to receive funds from the site for my work thank you.
Please do not open a new question! stick with this one at all times. Bookmark this page so you can easily get back here (CTRL+D)
Please allow time for me to research your model and to type a reply this could be up to 5mins , also please be aware that if you reply at a later time I may not be at my computer but I WILL reply back.
If for any reason you are not happy with the answer do NOT rate me negatively but reply back to me so I understand your displeasure and have a chance to explain my answer or offer you an alternative.
Also please understand rating negatively does not instigate a refund.
Thanks for taking the time to read now on with your question....
Does the sound stay on please?
Are there any blinking lights in the front of the set?
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE NO ANTENNA ATTACHED RIGHT NOW, I FIRST GET SNOW, THEN BLUE SCREEN, IT WILL NOT STAY ON VERY LONG, I CAN GET THE MENU UP BUT IT FLIPS OFF BEFORE I CAN GET ANYWHERE. WHEN ITS FIRST PLUGGED IN THE RED STANDBY LIGHT IS ON, WHEN I POWER UP THE TV THE LAMP LIGHT BLINKS THE LAMP LIGHTS UP IN BACK AND THE PICTURE WILL COME ON BRIEFLY, WHAT I GET WITH BLUE SCREEN LOOKS BRIGHT AND SHARP AND CLEAR. I HAVE NOT HEARD ANY SOUND AND DOES NOT STAY ON LONG ENOUGH TO HIT VOLUME UP
After the set shuts down what lights are lit or blinking on the front of the set please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IM NOT AT HOME RIGHT NOW BUT IT SEEMS THE LAMP LIGHT IS BLINKING I HAVE NOT NOTICED THE STANDBY BLINKING I HAVE SEE NTHE TIMER LIGHT BLINK AFTER SHUT DOWN, AND BEFORE I POWER IT OFF
OK you will need to make sure let me know for sure what happens with the lights particularly when the set shuts down
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ILL TEST IT WHEN I GET HOME AND LET YOU KNOW FOR SURE
Yes thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok plug it in stand by lites up solid, hit power button lamp flashes picture comes on stays on for seconds goes out nothing else is flashing lamp stays lit in back but no picture, and goes out when i hit the power off again
So what is the resulting lights in the front at the end of that sequence?so the set shuts down yes?then what are the lights doing?this is what I need to know
Sorry to labor that but its very important
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no lights lit on the power button when it shuts down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i sauy lamp stays lit i mean the main lamp in back, but it does not project up to screen
So no lights lit at all on the front of the set but the projection lamp is lit you can see it lit through the vents and I am assuming there is no sound?is there no sound?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is correct there is no sound, i have viewed the lamp with the rear cover, off and switched manually pused donw to watch the operation, its never been on long enough for me to hit voulme button up to see if I can get sound
So to sum up the pic comes on for 10 seconds then goes black you have no sound, there are no blinking lights on the front of the set they all go off lamp is however still lit, if you push the menu button of the sets own remote control the menu does not come up the set stays this way until you switch off so that's about the full symptoms.
Your caught on this because it could be the main or DMD board there is no way of finding that out you would need to eliminate one board then if necessary replace the other, now that for one board alone could be expensive and in my opinion for a set of this age maybe not a good idea although I appreciate you already have carried out work.
Let me know your thoughts here
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so if i read you correctly it might be this board, i am willing to spend a little there are all kinds of inexpensive parts out there for example this board can be bought for as little as 20.00 with a gurrantee Do you think its worth a shot??
Really?
I would be very suspicious of that board, these boards have not dropped much in price and if its the DMD board you are referring to it has to have the DLP chip on board too.
The main may have dropped a bit
Anthony