Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How do I get Youtube to work again. My Internet connection

Customer Question

How do I get Youtube to work again. My Internet connection to Netflicks and other sites works fine through my TV. But, this week YouTube stopped. I press the right buttons, access the YouTube icon, but then the screen goes dark. In the past, when Youtube came up, several boxes were filled with Youtube recommended videos. Now, those boxes are empty Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the full make and model number of the tv please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vizio Big Screen High Definition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV works fine. It properly connects to NetFlicks, Amazon, etc. and, up until today, was working perfectly to connect to YouTube. As stated, the YouTube Icon appears on the screen, then the screen goes dark.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are you? What's happening?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I need the FULL model number of the tv please, as I requested earlier. I can't give you a complete answer without that specific information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I've already sent a phone support offer, at your request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vizio E6011-A3
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
As a first step, please go into the VIA apps setup menu, and delete/remove the youtube app. Power the tv off then back on, then reinstall the app. It should prompt you to log in to a youtube account, then you can try again.