Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I recently purchased a toshiba 42HL167 LCD tv. It is a 2007

Customer Question

I recently purchased a toshiba 42HL167 LCD tv. It is a 2007 model used. The picture looks great. However the tv just goes to a black screen. You can hear the audio but there is no picture. If you cut it off the picture returns for a few minutes and then goes back to black. I do not have a manuel to look for a problem solving page. hope you can help me.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first I must say that even with a manual (that I can get you shortly by the way ) , this is not the type of problem that will have a solution in the manual.
That being said ;
When this happens ,Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no cannot see menu or anything. can hear audio
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I just received your additional service request however there are a few additional services like " full repair assistance" or " phone call" that would be applicable here .
Which did you have in mind and also note that there is a fee of $12 that comes with the additional service offer.
In any case right now this would be the best way to proceed as I will have links to give you depending on your answer to the next question;
Did you wish to look into this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?
Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not getting this tv repaired will take it back.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then , I`m sorry but you were looking at a set of inverter boards that you can see at the link below;
http://www.shopjimmy.com/philips-996510010058-backlight-inverter-kit.htm
If you ever decide to change your mind and buy those for $50 , let me know and I will help you along.
If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it i am wastingy hard earned money with you guys.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem just use the link below and get refunded but do not rate ;http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****