Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a LOEWE 38" TV Anaconda that will not switch on the

Customer Question

I have a LOEWE 38" TV Anaconda that will not switch on the green LED shows for a short time then the RED LED returns
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I will need the full model number and the serial number found on the back of the set please?
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AC09383PB
Serial No:-78002118
I do sympathize with you here but the fact is you have a internal issue with the set likely to be either power-section related OR horizontal output related, if you can use test tools like a meter and small tools like screwdrivers and maybe a soldering iron I can help you with this?otherwise you may need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
I am sorry its nothing easier let me know please
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much You do appreciate that that is not the answer I wanted.However I do know how to use a meter & small screwdriver as well as a soldering iron.but younger person I am not my synaps & capabilities are now retired .
Thanks any way
Ed Roy.
I understand but its the ONLY answer and the beginning of a correct answer there are no magical ones I am afraid sorry you don't feel comfortable with the work have a good day
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be kind enough to inform the procedure my so will be able to assist.
thanks *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry "My Son" was intended,
Ed Roy
The start of the procedure is to get the back off the set and take some power supply voltages then the results of those checks will command the next move
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have A Digital Multimeter Which can measure voltage,current & resistance .Would this be adequate?
Roy
Yes and depending on what measurements are got
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry Anthony THE battery 12v is dead & I do not have an extra '
Please let me know what voltage I should expect Or what readings.? as I do not wish to keep you waiting any longer as the shops to buy the battery is quite a distance away.Thanks
Roy
Roy your looking around 180volts dc for the HT line I fear this may have dropped to 0 though because of a short circuit
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update I will purchase the battery & go from there .If as you mentioned ,the HT line has dropped to 0 what action should be taken to regularise the situation?
Roy
Roy it could go in a few directions after that its an on going procedure you have to keep coming back here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK will do. So long for now..I will contact you as soon as I monitor the HT line & let you have the results.
Roy
PS I am on my way to get the battery.
Roy.
ok