Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

HOW DO I GET SOUND FROM THE TV??

Customer Question

HOW DO I GET SOUND FROM THE TV??
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Please elaborate. What's connected to the TV that you're trying to get sound with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im trying to get sound from the tv itself
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but using what source- what are you viewing in other words?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
For instance, is a cable box connected, an antenna, a DVD player- what exactly?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Also was the sound working before and then stopped, or is this the first time setting up the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to watch tv and there's no sound....yes sounds were working and dvd too...now nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had sounds on everything ....now no sound
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Sounds on everything? I'm trying to find out find out what's connected- just the DVD player? How long have you owned the set, when did the issue occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dvd and cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv is fairly new.. but the dvd is about 4 years old
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, a couple of things here....I'm not sure you're seeing my replies in full. I need the following: 1) How old is the TV? 2) When did the problem occur? 3) Check the model number please- the one posted is slightly off. Reason for the model number is ***** I can look up the set's history.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv is 4 months....this sound problem occurred last week...mode #LC-70C6600U
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay so the TV is still relatively new and there's NO sound from any devices. Not good news. Please first try a hard reboot of the set. Disconnect the TV from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 15 seconds and release. Wait a minute, plug the TV back in and press power once. Check cable and the DVD both- and let me know if there is still no sound please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK...GIVE ME A SECOND
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Take your time and please only reply back when you have the results.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the same problem, or did the sound return please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I STILL HAVE NO SOUNDS
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You checked both cable AND DVD player?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I EVEN DISCONNECTED THE DVD PLAYER
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear that, and beyond leaving the set unplugged from power for several hours (overnight is best), there's no other possible reset or quick fix for this. The audio processing on the Mainboard has failed, and this requires repairs through Sharp under their one year warranty. You can contact them at the link below to setup a repair ticket on the set: 1-800-BE-SHARP I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS YOU... NOW WILL I BE REFUNDED SINCE YOU COULD NOT HELP ME?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any dealings with refunds or billing since I'm an independent tech not a site employee. I understand you're saying you do not want to pay me for my time, but please understand that there's no way anybody can know if your TV can be fixed with a reset, or connections, or if it's faulty without first engaging you and asking for information then a back and forth dialog. Troubleshooting is a means to an end not a guaranteed fix, so what we concluded is that you should: First, leave the set unplugged overnight to see if it works- it may or it may not. Second, that if it does not you need to have the set serviced under warranty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142