Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Samsung model ln32a330j10xza. this TV has begun

Customer Question

I have a Samsung model ln32a330j10xza. this TV has begun pixelating and I have had dish network tech come 2 times and they have replaced everything but kitchen sink. I had tech here yesterday and he replaced a cable for TV in bedroom to outside. the tech
seemed to have solved problem. the pixilation stopped after about 6 hrs. the wife said it was doing it again. The only thing left is the TV and I musts ad that we have the hopper and the joey is in bedroom where this TV is located. the pixilation sometimes
is continuous and then stops are might go for 2 min are wait 5 min are go for a while but it will start again. I need to make the queen happy.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
About your setup and that hopper /joey , how is this connected to the tv ?
What type of cables /connection do you have between the cable box and tv ?
Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have HDMI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tech replaced the HDMI cable from joey to TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then I was wondering if you were talking about a "snowy " screen when you said pixilation but this is hdmi , not coaxial and if that pixilation does not come from the dish net units then it has to be internal to the tv and if anything would be the first suspect then it would be the main board and second the t-con board.
Do you have other equipment like a dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv or that could be connected hdmi for a test?
Preferably in the same input the joey is now .
Also , I would guess that another input was tried on the tv with the same results ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no but I have another tv to tests cable. not snowy but like when u have bad weather the picture breaks up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have replaced everything I suspect as u do TV. is it the T-con board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv in living roomwhere hopper is located no picture problems
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Actually I would not think the cable or the dish equipment is defective if it was replaced unless they missed something !?
I mean that if this looks like a bad weather problem then a bad cable from the dish to receiver problem would definitely looks like that as well .
So really the only test that could be tried would be either to take this tv to another location in the house where the system is fine or try another piece of equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will and if other TV ok in your opinion is it the T-con board?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
More likely the main board and if it gets down to that , you can see the many versions for this model at the link below and once matched with yours , I could find it for you ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=ln32a330If that answers your questions for now please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so I could take a chance and buy main board are T-con . one more question in your expertise you think main board correct and may I ask why?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
The t-con breaks down more than likely into vertical lines , not pixels
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forget the TV also stops for like a sec and then continues
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Even more likely the main board now and now definitely worth a try on the other location as this could very well be caused by whats connected to it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thank you and I will try another tv in bedroom and see what happens and if ok the has to be Samsung.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem , much welcomeLet me know how it goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively if it did help find the problem as it is the only way i get credited for my time helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.