Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Mitsubishi HC3000 projector and up until today played

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi HC3000 projector and up until today played fine. I am not receiving a video signal through the HDMI connection however I am receiving an audio signal. Is there projector HDMI board malfunction?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Is the HDMI cable the only one going to the projector beside the power cord ?
You said that there is an audio signal but yet the sound would not be coming from the projector so what else is connected there ?
What is connected to it , is it a cable box , satellite receiver etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Projector is connected to a harmon receiver home theater through hdmi cable only. dvd blue ray and directv connected to receiver. not getting picture with dvd or blue ray or directv
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
OK then in that case the sound is of no concern here .
How is this projector installed , is it ceiling mount or at ground level on a table for example ?
In other words is it easily accessible ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ceiling mount but accessible
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then what I was getting at was to try and connect one of those piece of equipment directly in it ( bypass the HK ) for a test .
You could try to pull out the hdmi cable at the hk and connect it in the cable box for example or connect one of those directly into the projo up there