Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Bought vizio e320i-a0 32 inch 720p 60 hz smart lcd. Last night

Customer Question

Bought vizio e320i-a0 32 inch 720p 60 hz smart lcd. Last night it all of sudden lost picture but still has sound?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only has antenna hook up uses wireless for everything else no cable. No picture at all completely black
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then i`m sorry to say but it looks like your tv`s backlight inverter went off if it is completely dark with no background light whatsoever.

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not turn on today ?

Do you happen to have a flashlight handy ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes have flash light went dark while watching it
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then with the tv on (sound and all) turn on the flashlight and press it against the screen then while moving it around , look around the edges of the flashlight and into the screen to see if there is some picture in there ?
Note that it may be difficult to see and a dark room may make it easier .
Let me know what you see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If u hold the flashlight about inch away u can see the pictures
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then Amy ,your TV has a power /LED driver board problem and those parts are incredibly cheap in this model , how do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband is mechanic if you could give me detailed repair instructions and parts to check and replacement instructions
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then this should be easy for him and this is all screws and plugs , you could say Plug&Play .

First thing to do in this case will be to match your power supply/driver board with one of those at the link below (several versions for this model) ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=E320iA0

Again , you are looking at a power supply unit and once matched , you can buy it directly from them .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you