Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a LG soundplate, LAB540W and it uses a optical

Customer Question

I have a LG soundplate, LAB540W and it uses a optical cord to get sound for tv. Problem is my tv does not have a toslink connection. How do I get sound from tv to play on the sound plate?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV details: LE5094fh3d
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Teac
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information. The easiest is to make use of the TEAC's H.phone 3.5mm jack + an add-on device to enable connection to the LG LAB540W's optical input port. Would this be an acceptable workaround please?