Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My TCL LED TV (model L50B2800F) is connected to my Samsung

Customer Question

My TCL LED TV (model L50B2800F) is connected to my Samsung 5.1 CH Blu-Ray home entertainment system through the HDMI1 port. How do I tune the TV into the home system so that I can watch TV through the system. I can only watch Blu Ray discs at the moment if the TV source is changed to HDMI. Otherwise I can only watch TV through the digital source function. Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "Samsung 5.1 CH Blu-Ray home entertainment system". Additionally, what are the labels of the jacks & ports of the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung model no: HT-H6550WMTV jacks & ports as follows :
USB sockets (input)
AV 1 RCA audio + video mini sockets (input)
SPDIF socket (output) at back
HDMI1 & HDMI2 socket (input)
YPbPr/AV2 component sockets (input)
AV2/VGA/COMPONENT AUDIO IN
AUDIO/VIDEO sockets (output)
VGA socket (input)
ANTE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ANTENNA IN socket (input)
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.Is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ....or is there an external receiver such as an iQ box? If the latter, please describe how the receiver / box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).If the TV has "...AUDIO/VIDEO sockets (output)...", then please consider/try using RCA-to-RCA cable and connect the TV's AUDIO OUTput jacks to the Samsung's AUX IN red & white RCA jacks.