Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Wondering if you can help me since last night all our

Customer Question

Hello ,wondering if you can help me since last night all our tvs in the house are not receiving any signal/or service have foxtel everything fine there what should I be looking at to fix the problem ? regards Craig
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info. 1) How many TV's are we talking here? 2) Does each set have it's own box? 3) Was there a storm, power outage, etc. last night? 4) What exactly do you see on the screens of these TV's?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 tvs, no boxes on tvs receiving no service, no storm no outage ,weak signal or no service
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.
Since there are no boxes to reboot, and there's no chances that all 3 TV's suffered hardware failures all at the same time, the only possible cause is an issue with the coax cable coming from the telephone pole to your home, or a splitter/amplifier installed by the cable provider in your home. They can only test signal strength out to your house without a cable box, they cannot test the signal at your TV's, and you would need to have the cable company send a Tech in home, since you would not be able to inspect the line at the pole itself. However if you're a DIY type, you could check the coax connector (RF plug), at the ground block outside your house, and also at the first branch where the coax splits off to other TV's (In many cases there's an amplifier here.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
However since all of the cabling/splitters and ground blocks are typically OWNED by the cable provider, this would still indicate a problem with their equipment and as such they are responsible for the repair. I would call them back to set up a Tech appointment since all they normally do is check for outage in your area. If there are none (which you said they replied all was well), then the issue is isolated to the in-home coaxial wiring and needs to be serviced by a Tech.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.