Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Where is the fuse located on a SC-25 AV receiver? Mine wont

Customer Question

where is the fuse located on a SC-25 AV receiver? Mine wont come on after a power outage due to a storm
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, with the described symptom, the Pioneer appears to have kicked in auto-protect mode and not necessarily just a blown fuse. Still, there are several fuses. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter and even a soldering iron?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have both... how do I reset the auto protect mode or what about release mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The receiver is 3 hours away at our ranch and my brother is there to try some resetting before I drive out with fuses, multimeter, etc..
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Release mode is a technician's method of forcing the SC-25 to turn on with the auto-protection bypassed. It is a double edge sword; i.e. it would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination. If it were a glitch, then release mode would unlock the auto-protection. If it were a true fault, then the damage may spread to other components.Would you still be comfortable proceeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yep
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Please click HERE. (limited time download/view link)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
THX
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Release mode would address a glitch but if not corrective, then it would be an internal hardware issue. Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.