Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Have a Vizio M55OSV TV and the HDMI connections DVD player and

Customer Question

Have a Vizio M55OSV TV and the HDMI connections for my DVD player and apple TV have been working fine... Now whenever I connect I get a NOT SUPPORTED message on the TV. Cable works fine in all 4-HDMI ports, but not the DVD player and apple TV. Also have Wii hooked to the Composite AV and it works fine.
Tried settings etc, no luck, any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to unplug TV, Apple TV box and DVD player power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried all of the above with NO result still getting NOT SUPPORTED message...
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, I need to go offline and opening the question for others to have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you.
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried another HDMI cable t connect DVD or Apple TV box to the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes , plus they they are 2-seperate cables. And like I said the HDMI cable works fine with the cable TV hook up in all 4-ports and I used that cable for the DVD and Apple TV with the same result...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CANCEL my request. I figured it out myself.... The 3rd. HDMI port became BAD and when I plug any component into it the DVD and Apple TV components shut down and the screen says not SUPPORTED....interesting that it does not impact the cable TV connection. I have no idea why the 3rd port went bad, but my needs are met with 3-ports.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS-according to your web site, you did not solve my problem after 24 hours....please give me a credit to all but the $5 deposit ASAP.