Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Phillips 60" TV, there is no picture nor sound on

Customer Question

I have a Phillips 60" TV, there is no picture nor sound on the screen and the on button stays on. It just keeps on blinking blue.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Was TV displaying normal/brighter picture before the problem occurred?
- When did you replace lamp last time in TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The tv is around 7 years old, I have had the problem for 4 months. the tv was displaying normal. I replaced the lamp a year ago.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does menu or any graphics appear if push menu button on TV remote?
Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing happens, I have already tried it.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I need to go offline now so will open the question to others to have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.
Thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different Expert.
I need to know more about that blinking light on the set- is it blinking continuously, or in any sort of pattern (for example 6 blinks pause, 6 blinks, pause, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is a continuous blinking.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. Now, when you press power- do the fans in the set fire up (listen carefully near the lower side of the TV)? Additionally, can you hear a slight click and buzz of the ballast trying to spark the lamp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, on both

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay where was the last lamp purchased and for how much- do you recall? The reason being is that these symptoms point to a faulty lamp.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see my reply?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If you're able to hear the ballast click and buzz, and the lamp is not coming on, then you simply have a bad lamp in the set. Some of the units out there are known for not lasting very long (Chinese clones usually in the $40 range), and will cause premature failure like this. The fix is to purchase an OEM lamp and replace the one in the set, as we can hear your ballast trying to spark the lamp, but the lamp is not firing up. http://www.shopjimmy.com/philips-phi-389-replacement-dlp-bare-bulb-rp-e022-3.htm If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.