Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I own a 2004 sony wega dlp 42in replaced lamp & 2 fans.Cleaned

Customer Question

I own a 2004 sony wega dlp 42in replaced lamp & 2 fans.Cleaned mirror& screen both sides I really over hauled it. Sounds Great But the picture is not Bright as should.It's 12 yrs young.Is it time?E.J.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your Sony TV?
- Also, where did you buy the replacement lamp from and what was the price?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response Shahid.Sony #kfd42we655. Bought the lamp online.Cost$100plus.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks E.J for the info.
Lamp is the light source for this type of TV and if lamp isn't producing enough light then the image/picture wouldn't be bright, Sony original XL-2100 lamp would be available around US$200 or so that will help to get brighter picture in this TV but I would not recommend to spend that amount on this old TV which is already obsolete for current video devices and if it was my TV then I would prefer to invest that money on new TV to get latest video technology and features in TV.
Please check following link to view Sony original lamp price info if want to keep this TV..
http://tinyurl.com/o2e9skt
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.