Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

MY TV WONT TURN ON OR GIVE PICTURE. THE RED POWER LIGHT

Customer Question

HI. MY TV WONT TURN ON OR GIVE PICTURE. THE RED POWER LIGHT KEEPS BLINKING AND BUTTON ON REMOTE DOES NOTHING. IS IT TV OR JUST A CONTROL PROBLEM OR ON-OFF SWITCH ON TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
This is definitely caused by the tv and that light that blinks at the front might give a diagnostic code , I`ll explain further on but first try this ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we may be looking at internal problems with the tv in which case could you please count the number of blinks in between short pauses (if any) ?
For example you may have 10 blinks/pause/10 blinks and so on .
Let me have that diagnostic code if that reset did not do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi jack. thank you. the reset apparently worked! the tv is on and working. thank you for your assistance. sincerely, ***** *****ffman.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hang on. the tv just shut off by itself, and redlight blinking again. it blinks 10 times then pause for 4 sec. then blinks 10x again over and over. guess we are not done yet.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.That 10 blinks code usually points to a defective power board and this is actually fairly common .There are 2 versions of that board for your model and if you were to look into this yourself , you would need to verify that your board is either ETXMM624MGHS or ETXMM673AGHS and they both usually cost around $110 to buy.Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself .If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If you go for the repair shop option then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comOr this one;http://www.tvrepairman.comThis will give you a list of repair shops in your area.You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you