Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have dish net work and i have a Mitsubishi tv and i have

Customer Question

i have dish net work and i have a Mitsubishi tv and i have a vcr and DVD Magnavox i have two seperate cables they have twoseparerate red and white ends on both ends of each cable. i have one cable hooked up to my tv and the other end in my tv. well the other cable to my vcrone of the ends are in my vcr and the other is not hooked up to nothing! well when i want to watch my vcr i have to move the tv out from the wall and unplug my red and yellow and white from my tv! then take the red yellow and white from my vcr plug those into my tv to play my vcr then when i get done with watching vcr then i have to roll my tv out from the wall then take my cables undone from the tv then put my dish red yellow white back just to watch tv! i would love it where i don't have to do this every time can you please help me!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Yes, there is a solution that will take care of having to go and switch cables at the back of the TV each time you're changing the viewing source, and that is to purchase an "AV selector" switch which both the DISH box and VCR will plug into, and then only ONE set of cables is needed to the TV. The device you would need is at the link below for purchase: http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-s-video-audio-and-composite-video-selector-switch-5-in-2-out--180-938 Simply connect the Red,White and Yellow from the DISH box into "Input 1" on the switcher, then the VCR into Input 2" on the switcher. One set of cables then run from the switcher "Output" to the Mitsubishi TV and you use the Input 1 or Input 2 buttons on the switcher to change the source you're watching. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.