Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a 55 lg w6500 and have a dark vertical line about 12

Customer Question

I have a 55 lg w6500 and have a dark vertical line about 12 inches wide with a white line in the middle about 4 inches wide
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
When you say that you "cleaned the ribbon" on your 55LW6500 , which one would that be , from the main board to t-con or t-con to panel ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
T-con to panel
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , was out by the time you reply to me at 10PM EST. In that case you are looking at a defective t-con panel . Small/narrow dark lines going down the panel could be attributed to bad contacts on the ribbon cables going to the panel but not what you described .Your panel has 2 versions of t-con and you will need to match yours with one of those at the link below , (let me know if you need help with that )http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=55LW6500 If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you