Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My TV is having similar problems to a customer you already

Customer Question

My TV is having similar problems to a customer you already helped. It is a Samsung LN40A550P3F. My TV randomly begins switching between sources. I turn the TV off and wait a while and it seems to stop though I'm not sure if this works or if it coincidentally stops due to its randomness. My remote only works on up/down and volume. Of the Buttons on the TV, only the power works properly. The menu button works and the source button either works or turns on the menu.I want to try an upgrade but after reading the previous problem I didn't want to ruin the TV before I could afford a new one. Also Samsung has 2 upgrades. One is Unix something or other. The other says its for a red dot on the screen. I don't know if this is a general upgrade that will help or if it's for a specific bug.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Sorry for delayed reply.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you check the control buttons on TV as one might get sticky and causing the problem?
Thanks.