Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I currently own an Olevia Brllican, LCD HDTV 242-T11, Model

Customer Question

I currently own an Olevia Brllican, LCD HDTV 242-T11,
Model Olevia
Input 100-240V
60/5.0HZ 2.5A (MAX)
First, it would come on but with no sound unless I used the Olevia remote to "click" it off & on a few times. Next, it had a solid bright blue square in the lower right corner. Third, a pink line bordered the screen. Then this morning it would not come on. Can you help me?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
What is the status of the power-light in the front of the set please is it lit or blinking?what color is it?or do you have no power-light at all please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At first it was the color blue when it was off. I could also hear a "clicking noise" when I turned it off and on a couple of times. Then there was no color on "off or on." And it would not come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.
At this point the set needs to be active before exploring the other issues you explained
Please let me know if you can do work or need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need more information in order to try & fix the tv.
Can you use small tools and a meter?are you practical enough to get the back off the set and use the meter to do some checks?I will help you with that I just don't know if you can do that?let me know, if you can get the back off the set and have the meter ready
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of tester do I need?
I will look to see if I have proper tools
You will need a volt/ohms/amp meter you can get one although a cheap one for about $20 from radio shack
You will need other tools like screwdrivers
Ultimately this may lead to replacement of a board in the set I will provide more info on that once we make the checks that are needed
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not own a book/Oliva manual. And I must buy a meter. But it is almost 8:00 PM Central Standard Time and so, I must wait until the morning. Will that work?
You don't need any manual
Let me just be clear this is NOT ordinarily what a lay person will do its meant to be examined by a technician however if you have ability to do the work I will help, I don't know your practical ability but reading into your replies I am not sure if you understand, you need a meter with that meter checks are made to determine the problem with the set you MUST be able to use that meter or have a good idea how to use it, once the checks are complete (I will provide that info)in all probability a board will need to be ordered again I will pass on info as needed at the right time
Anthony