Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a Sharp. Yo-100cpI have many, many numbers in it.I

Customer Question

I have a Sharp. Yo-100cp
I have many, many numbers in it.
I opened it up the other day and got garbage on the screen.
I replaced the two operational batteries.
No improvement.
I replaced the back up.
No improvement.
What should I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. I am afraid the prognosis is not very good. Unfortunately, these organizers do not have any permanent storage on them. In fact if both batteries are replaced at the same time there is a risk of the data being erased. Although it does hold a very small amount of power on the PCB, it relies on battery power to maintain its memory. If it ever runs out of that power completely, then unlike most storage, the data is lost.… It's more like memory on your computer then it is like a flash drive. However, that's not necessarily what has happened I just want to get the possible bad news out of the way first. What you can do is you can connect the nine pin cable from the organizer to your computer and then use the organizers software to extract the information. Hopefully you have a computer that still has a nine pin serial port on it. If you do and if you have the cable that came with the organizer, you'll be able to connect the two and you may be able to get your contact data off of the organizer.. When you set up the software with the organizer plugged into the serial port, you can use autodetect and it should find it. This is rather old technology so it isn't nearly as foolproof as today's devices. But a law as long as you're using their software you should be able to do this. If you don't have the software, let me know and I can try to find it. I'm not sure that I can but I'll do my best. Also, there are several steps some of which are optional and they are outlined in the user manual. If you don't still a copy of the user manual, I can upload one for you just let me know. Mike