Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Program remote with Sylvania TV/VCR model SSC192.

Customer Question

program remote for use with Sylvania TV/VCR model SSC192.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I can give you the specific infrared codeset for your model. There is just one specific code that is designated for your tv, which is 1913. Note that you may need a separate code of 0593 for vcr functions, programmed separately. If you need help with the specific programming steps, let me know the full model number of your remote and I'll direct you to those instructions from dish.It is possible, however, that no matter what code is used, your remote will not be able to control the devices you wish to use it with. Satellite manufacturers include basic functionality for common devices at the time the remote is made, but are not able to provide coverage for every make and model, and are not able to update for every new device that comes out, so there is no guarantee of compatibility, which is a limitation of the dish equipment.Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes (including the one that came with your system.) Best regards,Nathan