Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a proscan tv that yesterday was working fine but when

Customer Question

I have a proscan tv that yesterday was working fine but when I went to use it today all I got was a green light then a pop. green light pop 3 times. I have taken the circuit board out of the tv looing for anything from burnt wires to resistors broken or blown. Didn't find anything. The tv is a proscan PS35 653. Would like to fix it if I can rather than throw it away. Any good suggestions
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- proscan PS35 653 seems remote control number, can you please look at back of TV for model number info?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The PS35653 is the model of the TV with a ser #433450321T Proscan TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Usually Proscan TV model number start like PLxxxx or PVxxxx etc and PS35653 doesn't appear to be a valid model number, can you have another look nearby the TV serial number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked on the back to the tv and the PS35653 is the model number and also in my book it has the same. The ser number is *****
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I'm sorry, I don't have related manual for this model so opting out, this will open the question to others on website to have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do hope some help will be obtained on the website I love my tv and I'm sure it can be fixed it is just getting the right tech that has the knowledge. Sorry you could not help me.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, please post back with a clear picture on the circuit board. Still and if considering a more involved DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach, then proposed preliminary checks: • main B+ at the + terminal of the biggest capacitor before and when "...pop...";• if there would be a change in the screen such as a dim flash, crackling sound before and when "...pop...";• any unusual smell;• where the "...pop..." sound is coming from. A friendly reminder: voltage measurements by its very nature requires that the TV be plugged in and turned on. It is therefore LIVE! Exercise due care and caution.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.