Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I think I need a new lamp TV, can you tell me how to

Customer Question

I think I need a new lamp for my TV, can you tell me how to get one.
Model TC-L32C12
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
This TV (the model you have sent)does not have a lamp its an LCD set
Can you please tell me exactly what happens with the set?if it shuts down at random what does the powerlight do on the front of the set please is it blinking?solid?what color is it?
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shuts off at random and the red light on the front goes off
Hello
In every case where their is no power light (or powerlight goes out) lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.
If you are not comfortable with that you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
Please let me know if you can do work or need more help
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** *****'t do that. sounds like I just need a new TV
These smaller sets can be picked up very cheaply now so in many cases its not an option for a repair as it will make sense to replace rather than repair so yes I believe your right there, the only cheaper option would be a do-it-yourself repair but I appreciate not all are fond of that.
Let me know if I can do anything else
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again
Regards
Anthony