Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have no picture or sound on my flat panel tv

Customer Question

i have no picture or sound on my flat panel tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What's the model number off the back of your TV? How long have you owned it for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AU53F400CARXXA12 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it working fine last night aqnd tries switching off and back on from mains this am
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. That's not the model number and I have to step out to run an errand. I have opted out to open the question to other experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. corrected model no is AU23F4003ARXXA [problems reading backwards through mirror]must I just wait online for answer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood and thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm back, and nobody else has opted in so I will pick this back up. I'm assuming this is a Samsung model: UA23F4003AR?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Also, when you say 12 months- are you just under or just over one year from the date of purchase please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model no ok. Out of guarantee
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. This commonly indicates an issue with the Mainboard or Power Board. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 4 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work. This is a satellte tv. Finally fixed by turning off and restarting base tv. Thanks for you trouble
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what you mean by "base TV", but that is what I ad stated was to unplug the TV and then plug it in and press power (restart). Also satellite it what connects to the TV- it's not a "satellite TV". Anyhow I am glad it's working. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frankly I found quite a bit of unnecessary nitpicking in your reply. I'm no tv expert, but most people, I believe, will know [or at least be capable of working out in lay terms for ordinary people like me what I meant as a 'satellite' tv . Likewise a 'base' tv. Forgive me, but your choice of language and absence of successful result means, in spite of your successful record,that I'm opting out of any rating for you