Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tv was working fine then went dark now has a flashing green

Customer Question

Tv was working fine then went dark now has a flashing green light at the power light spot
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What is the model number off of the back of this TV?
2) How long have you owned it for?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sharp 7years###-##-#### *****
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. The green blinking light usually means there's a fault in the set that requires attention. Can you please check the blinking and let me know if it's blinking continuously, or in a pattern (such as 1 short, pause, 2 long blinks, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continuously
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 4 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any luck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It went to Orange light and green light on opc spot for 3 sec then back to flashing green
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just last resp
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear that, and unfortunately this does indicate a hardware failure in the set. The most common causes of this are the power supply board or the mainboard, which requires testing and component replacement to fix the issue. The average cost for this type of repair is between $250-$300 parts and labor. If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area: www.tvrepairpros.com I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you're looking to repair the set yourself, let me know. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?