Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

How do I run "channel auto scan"?

Customer Question

How do I run "channel auto scan"?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Do you have the original Insignia remote?
2. When you press MENU, does the menu show up?
3. Who is your tv provider? Is there a provider box/dvr?
4. Are you connecting to Antenna/Cable directly (no box)?

REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).

ps: Please refresh this page often if you don't see my reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1-yes

2-yes

3-direct tv

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1-yes

2-yes

3-direct tv

4-antenna?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kathie. You may not need to do a channel scan at all.

What kind of Directv box do you have?

What kind of connection cables go from the box to the Tv?

Look at that back of the Tv where the cable(s) are connected. The port(s) will be labeled, like ANT/CBL or AV1 or HDMI 1 or... What is your port labeled??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HD

hdmi dv 1

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Since you are using HDMI, you do not need to run any channel scan. Simply press the INPUT button on the Insignia remote until you get to the correct (HDMI) input.

If that isn't helping then REPLY back here and tell me what happens when you press INPUT and before we go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.

Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a box with input source

TV

HDM1

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

After the box comes up use arrows to highlight HDMI then press ENTER

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

never mind Mike, I did it myself. Please refund my $28.00 Thank you

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Come on Kathie, be honest. You obviously did not do it by yourself. Had I not shown you the INPUT button, you would have been messing with the channel scan all day. How are you going to feel just walking away without giving me credit for saving you all that time and frustration?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from clicking the positive rating?