Jeff the TV Guy
Jeff the TV Guy, Technician
Experience:  10 years expeience in consumer electronics. 3 years experience in DLP, Plasma, and LCD repair.
17251986

My Panasonic plasma TV model TY-ST65R2-WG view area computer

Customer Question

My Panasonic plasma TV model TY-ST65R2-WG view area computer monitor shrunk 2 inches on each side -- top, bottom, left, right. Also, the coloration is managled. I would like to reset the screen to the original factory settings.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Are you using this tv as a computer monitor ?
Do you have anything else connected to it ?
About the model number , the number you gave us is for the base stand , could you please look that up again on the back cover ?
Panasonic plasma models usually start with TH-....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack,
I have another # ***** this Panasonic: TH-65PZ750U.I use this monitor for watching TV, my VCR, and my computer. Everything else seems to be fine except when I flip the screen to my computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack, would you rather that I phone you or vice versa?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then that is the model number .
What type of connection do you have between the computer and tv ?
Is it VGA or HDMI ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok and you are saying that you have mangled colored or something of the sort and the screen size is not full ?
Those are ok with the other equipment, is that correct ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack, upon the screen's shrinking 3 nights ago, a general distortion took place in the viewing area -- mostly an elongation to the right. I cannot make the viewing area fit the Panasonic screen as I would be able to if the screen were a CRT.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
How is the other equipment connected to the tv ?
For example do you have a cable box and is it also connected HDMI ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok and you are saying that you have mangled colored or something of the sort and the screen size is not full ?Those are ok with the other equipment, is that correct ? The other equipment is fine: watching TV, all is great.The Computer screen settings need to return to the factory's original settings: coloration is awful and the screen size is not full.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a cable box. I have the computer though connected directly to the back of the TV via HDMI
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes I agree but what I was asking is ;
Did this problem occur only with the computer setup and is the computer the only one using HDMI ?
I know the vcr will not be using that but do you have a cable box for example and is it using a HDMI connection ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable box is also connected HDMI.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been using this TV/monitor for many years: first time I've had a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to a FAQ site and the answer was to press the POWER key and the OK key simultaneously for more than 5 seconds. I did that but there was no effect.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thank you . Then if everything else is working properly and you did try the FORMAT function which in any case would not cause this then the problem is with the computer settings .Not sure what you tried so far on the PC`s side but this is no longer my area of expertise and I will opt out .You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack, I've waited 1 hour + and no one has picked up on me.
Can you at least tell me what the factory original settings are for the Panasonic monitor's colors, appearance, sharpness, brightness, temperature, tint, picture mode, color management, color temperature, C.A.T.S., MODE, Analog, Digital, & Digital Setting? Is there an easy button to reset everything to NORMAL?
Thanks,
Allen
Expert:  Jeff the TV Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry for the delay,
I have looked through the data for this TV, There is a Reset function in the TV menu under the SETUP Menu.
This will reset all functions in the menu to factory default.