Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

After at least 1/2 hour of use, the screen on my Samsung TV

Customer Question

After at least 1/2 hour of use, the screen on my Samsung TV goes black. I still have audio. If I turn it off, then turn it on again, the picture will come back for a short while.
This problem started infrequently about 2 weeks ago, but is getting more frequent. What should I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony<
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control during the fault does the menu come up please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My TV has been off for awhile, and is currently working as it should when I turned it back on.
It only shuts down after a period of time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I wait until it goes black again? That may be awhile.
No there is no need to wait I can tell you with 95% surety that its very likely the back-light is going out intermittently now the suspects in the frame for this are the inverters the powerboard and the backlights themselves checks would be needed beginning with the inverters as the issue is intermittent its likely to be bad grounding on the inverters are you able to perform any work yourself with the set?as an overview the back of the set will need to come off and the inverters removed
Let me know please
If you are not comfortable with this you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.
I am sorry it is not something easier
Let me know if you need more help
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I am incapable of those kinds of work
I am sorry to hear that.
The set can be fixed a tech will charge around $280 you can find a tech in your area if you use this web address www.tvrepairpros.com
Let me know if I can do anything else.
Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again, note the question will remain open
Have a good day
Regards
Anthony