Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I recently bought a Sony model KDL-48R510C at Walmart. I

Customer Question

I recently bought a Sony model KDL-48R510C at Walmart. I don't usually shop there, but I knew they had a good return policy. The picture is not as crisp as I was expecting and varies from channel to channel. I am still within my return period and am going
to have it wall-mounted soon. After my purchase I read about the "panel lotteries" etc., and am now concerned that I should not have bought this at Walmart. Is there a better store you can recommend or a better 48 inch Smart TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sony are usually very good so if that's a fact have you considered that the set may be getting a bad signal?how are you viewing TV services?satellite/cable box/cable straight no box/antenna?
If you use another input like a DVD or bluray what is the picture like?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Comcast, which is horrible, for starters. In addition, I'm running the coax into a Tivo Mini and then an HDMI from the Mini to the TV, so the Mini is essentially running wirelessly. Comcast blames Tivo, Tivo blames Comcast. I recently bought an Atronix Amplifier that will be installed between the coax before it goes into the main Comcast modem. Might that help? We have not used a DVD, etc., on this TV. I do notice that movies on Netflix and Prime are better than network TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just watching CNN and the picture and words were pretty good, I changed to ESPN Sports Center and the words are blurry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it varies from channel to channel, would that indicate more the wifi signal, Comcast or Tivo? (I have swapped out the Tivo Mini box to check that, but it didn't help.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also been advised to run an ethernet cable through the ceiling and down to the Mini so that it is hard-wired instead of wifi. I have another set much farther from the box that doesn't have this problem in the least bit, so I tend to keep thinking it's the TV.
That's a signal problem have you rebooted the box?unplugged from wallpower waited 5 mins then re-plugged back in?in many cases we find that works if it does not insist that they swap the box as its often the firmware that's bad controlling the box
Let me know if you need more help
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony