Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

I'm trying to mute my end when I am on the phone. Should the

Customer Question

I'm trying to mute my end when I am on the phone. Should the mute button be lighted green?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
I assume you are referring to the TV?if thats so I will need the model number of the Tv please found on the back of the set so I can check that for you
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm talking about my Samsung Galaxy 5. The mute button (while on a phone call) icon has a line through it. If pressed it is either black or green. When is the call muted when the icon is green or when black?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is about the Samsung Galaxy S 5 phone and I need an answer now. Otherwise I will cancel the agreement
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I would be happy to help you today. When you see the diagonal line through the speaker, you are muted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The diagonal line is always there. The question is whether it is on mute when it is black or green
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Has your phone upgraded to the latest software Lollipop?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The reason I ask is because when they sent out the upgrade, that changed the mute option. Are you trying to mute the speaker when on a call or just mute the ringer?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
If this hasn't changed with the update, if the microphone icon is green, you should be muted. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mute when I am on the call and don't want anyone to hear me. Yes upgraded just yesterday before I got on a call.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That is most likely why you are having problems. Did you read my response above yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got your response. Had hoped to get it while I was on the call yesterday. But better late than never. Not sure it was worth $33 though.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
My apologies. I am not the original expert that answered your question, so I'm a little late at reading it. Since this update came out, you may also want to check your other mute functions to make sure they work, if you use them? I can also recommend a great little app to help you mute your ringer if you like?