Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We have been unable to get our system to turn on using any

Customer Question

We have been unable to get our system to turn on using any device since a power outage a week ago. I have rebooted the system and our internet connection is solid. Any thoughts on what else I can do? The remote has new batteries but won't turn the tv on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please elaborate what components are in your system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a Samsung TV and a Control4 remote and an iPod dock...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to figure out the receiver. We can turn the TV on manually but the sound doesn't work well or there isn't any.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, since Control 4 is only programmable via an Authorized dealer with specialized software, let's move away from that for now and focus on the the TV itself. If you grab the original Samsung TV remote, and press power, will the TV power up?Also, what is the model number off of the back of the TV and how long have you owned it for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it's a Sharp TV. And no the remote doesn't power up the TV. But wait a minute...I know that this is a control4 problem and the only reason I just paid $24 was because this website said that it covered Control4 issues!!!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Then I will opt out because I have no idea what the site tells you regarding what we cover and what we don't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then how do I ask for a refund?