Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How can I tell if problem with picture or cable box? Color

Customer Question

How can I tell if problem with picture or cable box? Color and picture seem washed out or too bright. Other TV's in house on cable seem ok. TV is a Sony Bravia about 6 y/o. Are they repairable?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this, I need to ask you for more information.
1) What is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, DVD player, etc.), and does this issue occur regardless of which source you're viewing from?
2) If you press MENU using the original TV remote, or the MENU button on the TV itself- does the MENU display normally- or is the MENU also washed out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. About 6 yrs, two weeks.2.Just cable box 3. No menu button on TV remote .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I don't handle anything with cancelling- you would need to do that yourself through the home page- thanks.