Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My dynex 40" please wait problem

Customer Question

my dynex 40" please wait problem i change mother board and still please wait
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes connect tocable
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then i`ll assume that there is a cable box connected between the cable from the wall outlet and tv.

If you turn off the cable box , does that message disappear ?

If so then reboot the cable box ;

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 1 more questionn when I turn on the tv please wait and after that the tv sreen is like shot off but the power light Still on
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean that the screen goes blank ?

When this happens , can you see the tv`s own menu ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and I don't have a menu book
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then what seems to be happening now is that the tv is fine and the connection to the cable is ok as well but the cable box is either defective or cannot find the signal from the cable company .

Nothing is wrong with the tv , the cable box simply blanks out the signal after the "please wait " period .

You could check the incoming cable connection from the wal;l outlet to the cable box and make sure it is connected securely but if that still does not work then either yu lost the cable signal or the cable box went defective.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi my dynex 40" I plug the cable in still no picture but the sound is ok what to do ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what you are saying here , i thought that we went through that yesterday .

Did you reboot the cable box as i suggested ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did but still no pictures the sound is ok now
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok buyou were saying that you could see the tv`s own menu ?

If so then the tv appears to be working so far .

Do you have other equipment like a dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv ?
If so , can you try it and see if you have the same problem there ?

I`m sure your tv does not give you that "please wait" message but the cable box does, so the cable box is the suspect here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use my other tv its work on my cable and to my DVDs player it's work to only the dynex it doesn't work the picture is blank
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then you are saying that the dvd player is also blank on the dynex , is that correct ?

You are also saying that with the cable box you get a message on the screen that says " please wait" , is that correct ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My other tv is work on my cable box and my DVD is work on my other tv only the dynex tv is doesn't work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's all correct
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then something is odd and does not make sense here .

If you see a message from the cable box that says "please wait " then it means that a signal is passing through from the cable box to the tv and yet you say that there is no picture while the cable box works on another tv .

It does not make sense that it would say " please wait" on that tv and just blank out unless the incoming cable from the wall outlet has no signal in it.

When you tried it on the other tv , did you move the cable box or you took the other tv to where it is sitting now with the dynex ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the other tv where is the sitting now with the dynex
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but beside the fact that i`m running out of ideas this is getting late here so i will opt out .

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.