Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

ONYKO RECEIVER TV PROVIDES NO SOUND, MODEL NUMBER

Customer Question

ONYKO RECEIVER FOR MY TV PROVIDES NO SOUND, MODEL NUMBER TX-SR313, can you help me?
Thanks,
-Norm xxx xxx-xxxx (*****@******.***)
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help but I need to ask for more info.
1) Was this working previously, or is it the first time setting up the Onkyo to the TV?
2) Do other sources (DVD player, etc.) produce sound from the Onkyo?
3) What specific connection is between the Onkyo and the TV (HDMI, optical, RCA, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) It was working previously
2) No All devices connect through the ONYKO
3)TV uses HDMI cable, the other devices do also.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
So are you saying the DISH box is the only device you have connected to the system as far as sources? If so, please select the FM tuner on the Onkyo and let me know if there is sound from the built in tuner- so we can determine if the Onkyo is the issue or the DISH box is. Also, have you rebooted the DISH box yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any FM selection on the amplifier, and I have another commitment I must deal with I will continue this tomorrow. Please leave me your contact info, time availability. Thank you for your quick response.
-Norm
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Tuner is the FM radio. Yes you can reply back at anytime. Simply bookmark the page/add to favorites, or log onto justanswer.com and click on My Questions. I am on and off throughout the day- I don't have set hours, and am online when it is busy and I am available.