Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The aspect ratio on my Samsung TV is set at 16:9 but today

Customer Question

The aspect ratio on my Samsung TV is set at 16:9 but today the picture no longer fits the screen. The Picture is too big. I checked setup and ratio has not changed. Another tv has a normal picture. Both are on Comcast. How do I get the picture back onto the screen?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. By far the most common cause of this problem is that the Cable/SAT box picture size has changed- and not the TV's. Disconnect the box from power for 10 seconds then plug it back in. Once rebooted check the screen size. If it's still off, then look for ONE or MORE of the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:ZoomHD ZoomFormatAspectRatio(#) below the 9 button. If you run into problems simply reply back. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?