Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

The power went off in the when it came back the tv had two

Customer Question

the power went off in the when it came back the tv had two little flicking red and green and tv want come on is there some reset buttom
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem .
There are 2 boards that do get affected by a power blackout and the first would be the power board then the main board .
You asked about a reset so here is the only reset available for this tv ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we may be looking at internal problems with the tv.
let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack the reset effort did not work what else can we do ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then as I said , I did not expect much out of it but it had to be tried on your LCD tv .Did you wish to look into this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should my next move be ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Well , that depends on a few factors and consideration here .If you or a friend were to look into repair this yourselves then you can get that power board at the link below for $58 ;http://www.buyqual.com/312242331812-plcd300p1-philips-312242724421-power-supply.htmlIf that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 to $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 8 years old and the fact that you can get a new 40" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $300 to $350,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one. Stillf you go for the repair shop option then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comOr this one;http://www.tvrepairman.comThis will give you a list of repair shops in your area.You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you